Saturday, July 19, 2014

Chicken Quesodilla Mouth Orgasms

Mmm, best lunch ever!

Lately I've been getting more creative with my foods, like adding fruit and chocolate to my pancakes.  I know, really daring, huh?  I didn't go to a cooking school, clearly (although I'd like to) and my mom only taught me the basics.  I have a ton of recipes, but generally when make something, I glance at the recipe, unless it's my first time or it's a complicated recipe.

Last night, I made a homemade pizza.  My experiments fails.  It was chalky, oddly enough.  I'm going to try again tonight and tweak it.  I also have a low carb recipe for the crust that I want to try, one consists of eggs and cheese and the other of cauliflower.  One harder than the other, but I'm getting serious about my low carb diet, as I'm recovering from having my son and am...filling out.  I'm up to 307 lbs.  Ugh.  But change is up to me.

Anyway, onto my awesome quesadillas.

Normally when I make them, they're heavy and via microwave.  Due to their weight in the stomach, I haven't made them in a few years.

I don't like veggies in my quesodillas, I'd much rather use seasonings.

I have fajita seasoning, but I chose to make my own, just looking up the basic spices used.

I didn't measure anything.

Ever the Kitchen Witch, I just used what I had.

Chicken Quesodilla Mouth Orgasms

  • 2 Cans of  Chunked Chicken (because I'm lazy)
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic
  • A pinch of Cayenne (I'm not a huge fan of cayenne, unless I'm working with spell)
  • Red Pepper
  • Paprika
  • Chili Powder
  • Onion Powder (my love)
And I think that's it.  I wanted to try cumin, because I don't know what it tastes like, but alas, I didn't have any.  So I put a bit of olive oil in my hot skillet.  Added the chicken.  Tossed them around in the oil for a few minutes, then added the spices in no order, and by eye.  Obviously some flavors I wanted more than others, like the Onion Powder, and less of, like the Cayenne.  As it was nearing completion, then I sprinkled in some dried Chives (and wished that I had fresh cilantro).
  • Queso Blanco
I cooked it medium heat, until I was satisfied, then sat the chicken to the side on a plate.  Using the same unrinsed skillet, I poured in a bit more olive oil, put in my tortilla, with half of it touching the skillet.  I layered the cheese, thick.  Layered the Chicken.  Put another layer of cheese on top.  Folded the tortilla and flipped it over.  

I didn't cook it for minutes, tortilla is thin and was laying on a bed of olive oil.  I just cooked it long enough that it took me to fill it on the other side, so maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute.  It made the tortilla nice, brown, and crispy.  

I let it set for a few minutes and dove it.  Crispy, cheesy, moist, flavorful, not greasy or oily in the least, nor was it heavy.  SO GOOD!

Soon I'll be trying to make taco sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment