Saturday, July 26, 2014

New Moon Promise

Today's a new moon, to honor Kuan Yin on this day, I've chosen to detox and eat vegetarian just on this day.  Well, every new moon.  Today I made iced Green Mint Tea, Jasmine Rice, and a combination of the rice and sauteed zucchini (I guess, I don't know culinary terms).

Iced Green Mint Tea
  • Fairly easy, I just boiled some water.  
  • Poured the water into a container and allowed the 2 teabags to steep for about 15 minutes.  
  • In another container, I added some honey, crushed ice, and then poured the tea over the ice.
  • Stirred it all together and put it in the fridge.  
  • Honey has a tendency to sink to the bottom as it cools, so I have to stir before pouring.  

Jasmine Rice
  • Boiled water
  • Poured into a container with my jasmine tea.  I used one bag, because I know that jasmine, like rose, is fragrant, and I didn't want the flower aroma to overpower the rice taste.
  • Added equal amounts of rice and popped it in the microwave for 4 minutes or so.
  • Tada, fragrant smelling and tasting rice.

Zucchini & Fried Rice
  • First I poured some olive oil into a hot pan.
  • I placed my chopped zucchini in the pot.
  • Added pepper, garlic salt, and thyme.  
  • I frequently stirred and tossed it about in the skillet, until brown and delicious looking.
  • I sat it on my plate.
  • Without cleaning the pan, I added a tiny bit more of olive oil, then through in my Jasmine Rice and Soy Sauce.  
  • I just eyed it, I've never fried rice.  Tossed it about in the pan.  
  • I added more Soy Sauce and just let it sit for a minute. Toss it a bit more, then added it to the plate.
I tasted them separately, which was delish, then it was mind blowing when I ate a zucchini that had fallen beneath the rice.  So I mixed them after that.  Yum!

*Next meaty day, substituting chicken for zucchini, is pretty good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment