Friday, July 18, 2014

PG-13 Butterbeer (Butterbeer Float)

I have a couple recipe books of food and drink from Harry Potter, and I finally got around to making some Butterbeer.  I have an adult version with Butterscotch Schnapps and a PG-13 kind, a Virgin Butterbeer, if you will.

Here's my PG-13 recipe, tweaked from others I've seen:

It calls for Vanilla Butter.  You can find the flavoring in the spice aisle (sometimes--I couldn't) or you can just make your own.  If no vanilla bean--which I do have--do what I did, and just use vanilla flavoring.
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla flavoring
  • 1 tsp. Almond flavoring (or walnut or any other type of nut flavoring)
  • 1 stick Butter
I made enough for more than one serving.

Melt them together in the microwave.

  • 2 scoops of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream in the glass.
  • 1 can of Cream Soda, pour it in with the Ice Cream.  Stop when the foam gets to the top.
  • Add 2 tsp of the Vanilla Nut Butter to the cup (or to taste, because it can be overpowering) and stir.
  • Add more Cream Soda
  • Stir
Tada!  I don't know what it's actually supposed to taste like, but I liked it.  I may add less of the extracts next time, maybe take away the vanilla extract, since I use vanilla bean ice cream.  I'm actually going to try that later tonight.  This is my first time making it, so I still need to tweak it.

I bought reddi whip for the topping, because other recipes call for heavy whipping cream, but that's doin too much.  At least for tonight.  I'll try the heavy stuff later (with real vanilla bean), but yeah, I bought the reddi whip for the topping, but I didn't need it, because when the ice cream and soda combine, foam is born.  

Cool, so I just re-made it and it tastes better--it's not as overpowering:

  • 1/2 tsp of Almond flavoring
  • 1 tsp of Butter
Melt it together, give it a stir, add it to your Cream Soda and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.  Mix and Enjoy.  


Yeah, I know it's not exactly real world Witchy, but its fun.  And who says that you can't make it Witchy?  I will be exploring this myself.  I've learned that Butterbeer is fairly versatile.  Then again if you haven't have the Universal kind or go by-the-book like me, then you can be fairly creative.  I mean really, the popular ingredient is cream soda, and you can make that yourself:



Here's others:

No comments:

Post a Comment