Monday, December 22, 2014

Honoring Hestia on the Winter Solstice

Although I disagree with the author's view of what the REAL season for the season is (as most people have their own and not one of them is the only one reason pertaining to all...except for axial tilt), I do like how they honor Hestia.  Three of my reason's are family, fire,and warmth, I don't know why I never thought to connect my Matron...  But that's why I'm on the internet to learn and gain new perspectives.


Although yesterday, I had a candle lit for Odin and the Julbocken (as they're our family's gift givers), I also had a candle lit for Hestia, as we had guests over.  I almost always have a candle lit on Her shrine, as She's about hospitality and creating a sense of warmth.  In a way, I do honor Her.

As for the Winter Solstice, for me it's about honoring the season and beginning of Winter.  It's an important time for celebrating family, warmth, joy, abundance, and charity.  We give donations, make and bake gifts, have a blast with family and friends, decorate our Yule Tree with what matters to us, light the Yule Log, and gives thanks for all we have with offerings to the Spirits, Deities, and Ancestors.

 Odin and Julbocken Came to Town!
 Yule Lunch

For me, Hestia represents all of these things.  But, for me, the Winter Solstice isn't just about Her, besides, She has the Vestalia in June. But it is an interesting idea.  

Blessed Yule, Winter Solstice, Christmas, and all other Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment