Friday, January 30, 2015

Yarn Over, Pull Through

I bought my beginner crochet kit today and those booklets are liars!  They made no sense to me at all!  Seemed like they were skipping steps!  So I took a friends advise and checked out this youtube video: iheartstitches: How to Single and Double Crochet.

After a few failed attempts of the slip knot, I freaking did it!  I made the foundation chain and I am so proud of it!  I'm going to give it to Hestia and leave it on Her shrine.  I specifically bought red yarn in Her honor, She's been pushing me for a while to learn.  With the red yarn, hopefully I'll remember to stay calm and level headed because I know She'll be there, encouraging me.

I have a feeling that I'm going to be watching this video a LOT!

I feel so accomplished in just learning how to do the foundation chain.  I've tried knitting and crocheting in the past, and they seemed impossible, even with help from videos.  With my dyslexia, it's easy for me to get confused.  But so far, so good.  I'm sure confusion will happen, but it's not the end of the world.  I'm sure even the pros mess up once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment