Monday, February 16, 2015

Carbs and Colorful Yum!

I'm on a low-carb, high protein diet, and have since lost 10 lbs since November 6th (I weigh myself on the 6th of every month; I would've lost more, but I was also on birth control....and face it, holiday foods), so that means less-to-no breads, pasta, and rice.  I still eat bread here and there, just not nearly as much (I think I have low-carb bread to thank because that stuff is nasty).  And I only eat rice when I'm eating sushi.  Pasta is only with Olive Garden (which I hardly ever get, but love).  Or, ya know, when I'm paying attention to the serving size.  Which is all the time.

Every 2-3 hours, I eat:
  • Breakfast- 30 Carbs
  • 30 Carbs
  • Lunch- 60 Carbs
  • 30 Carbs
  • Dinner- 60 Carbs
  • 30 Carbs
I can still eat in between, as long as the food either has no carbs or has very little.  I'm not a calorie counter at all.  Calories don't matter to me at all.  Carbs, definitely.  So it makes me sad when I come to something delicious and even the serving size far exceeds my 60 carb limit.  It's so annoying.  But every once in a while, I allow myself a cheat.

Man, when you actually start paying attention to serving sizes, you can easily see why so many people are overweight and unhealthy (not everyone has a carb problem)!  But I'm eating 1000 times healthier, because I'm forced to seek other foods than the usual go-to junk.  

So, yeah, I've had to get creative with my food since cutting down on my three favs, and sometimes not so creative.  I often just eat a spoonful of peanut butter and a glass of Carb Master, almond or cashew milk.  Allows me to stay within my 30 carb limit.  

One creative dish...well creative for me, is my Jacksonville Salad.  I sure this has it's own name, but this one's mine and I'm not that creative:

Jacksonville Salad

  •  Bit of Olive Oil
  • 1 Green Pepper
  • 1 Red Pepper
  • 1 Yellow Pepper
  • 1 Onion
  • 1 Jalapeno (or you can use the Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages)  I'm not a big fan of jalapeno unless it's with cream cheese, but in this meal it's not overpowering.  Adds a touch of spice.
  • Raw Spinach
  • Raw Kale
  • 1 pack of Jacksonville Cheddar Sausages
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Onion Powder
  1. Heat up your big ole skillet, add some olive oil to it.
  2. Cut up the onion, peppers, jalapenos, and sausages.
  3. Toss it in the skillet.  
  4. Cook for a little bit, let the cheese melt a bit and the veggies to soak it up.
  5. Add the spinach and kale, as much as you want.  
  6. Salt, pepper, onion powder to taste.
  7. Cook until the spinach and kale are cooked.
  8. Serve.
It's colorful and totally yum. ...but i don't know how many carbs, lol.  I can usually tell when I exceed my carb limit by whether or not I get headaches, and just a bowl full doesn't give me one.


Oh, and as for crocheting, I'm working on a single-stitch practice scarf.  It's about 15 inches long, and I've been working on it for 2 weeks, this will be the start of my third week.  I'll post a picture of it when I'm satisfied with it.  I don't know when that's going to be.  I tried to make wash clothes, and due to tension problems, I ended up with unintentional doll purses.  lol.  Hey, practice makes perfect, right?  :-D


Sorry, apparently I can't judge length, I got about 3 feet goin on my practice scarf!  Wha, what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment