Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Cause Blankets

I just came across an image on facebook of a blanket with one of those Cause ribbons on it.  I didn't know Cause Blankets were a thing!  Then again, I don't know a whole lot of things.  What immediately popped up in my mind was making a remembrance baby blanket for the First.  I'm going to make blankets for all of my kids, even the unborn.  I only have one thing from that pregnancy, and that's a baby book that I had started filling out.  Now that I'm learning how to crochet, I think a memorial blanket with the Infant and Pregnancy Loss Awareness Ribbon would be perfect for the First.


(also posted on The Wren's Nest)

Now I'm looking at what others have done concerning awareness and even for homeless.  This is the whole reason why I wanted to learn such a useful skill, to help others.  Yes, I do want to make things for my family, but mainly to donate to charities and just help other people.  To keep them warm, to let them know they're not alone, that someone cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment