Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Frankenstein

What to cook when you're on a certain diet with limited ingredients?  Frankenstein.  Think of Frankinstein's Monster and you get the idea.  Only Dr. Frankenstein had a plan.  I usually don't, but it comes together.

So last night, I had Chicken, Kale, Spinach, and a skillet.  Nothing else in mind. As I cooked, I put something together, having no idea what the heck it was going to be.  It turn into a kind of Mexican dish, that hubby--weather permitting--is going to pick up shredded cheese and sour cream for, because he thinks it still needs something.  I just used ranch, I'm convinced that ranch finishes any dish.

As for measurements, I hardly ever measure anything, unless baking.

Frankenstein Chicken Bowl:
  • Olive Oil
  • Chicken
  • Raw Kale
  • Raw Spinach
  • Corn
  • Kidney Beans
  • Red Pepper Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Garlic Salt
  • Pepper
  • Chili Powder
  • Shreded Parmesan
  1. I cooked the chicken breast filets in the over, at 375 for 45 minutes.  
  2. Chopped it when it was done.
  3. Tossed it in a skillet with some olive oil.
  4. Added the red pepper, onion powder, garlic salt, pepper, and chili powder.
  5. Let it cook while I figured out my next move.  Which was a can of corn.  I just added until satisfied.  
  6. Added lots of kale and spinach.
  7. Added the parmesan cheese.
  8. Lastly, I decided on a can of kidney beans.  
  9. Let it cook, served it.  Served mine with ranch, as I said.  Hubby's making his serving into a burrito later, with sour cream and shredded cheese.  

I wonder what tonight's Frankenstein is going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment