Sunday, October 25, 2015

Ancestor's Day Dinner

All right, I got the dinner on the 31st all planned out:

  • Butternut Squash Stew, I'll be adding pumpkin and pork to it.  Hubby's not a big fan of squash, so he's going to make some pork ribs.  
  • Apple Cinnamon Bread
  • Moon Cider - This is a trick or treat favorite.  I usually make it for whomever's handing out candy, and there's usually enough when the treaters come back home.  It's pretty yummy:
    • 4 cups Apple Cider
    • 4 cups White Grape Juice
    • ½ teaspoon Whole Cloves
    • Cinnamon Sticks or Ground Cinnamon
    • 1 teaspoon All Spice 
    1. Heat Cider and Juice in a big pot or a crockpot.
    2. Add Spices
    3. Bring to a boil
    4. Simmer for 5 Minutes or longer for taste
    5. Serve in a Cauldron.

Only this year, I don't have apple cider, so I'm going to cut up locally harvested apples instead.

And our costumes are also planned.  The boys are going a TMNT (thanks to grandma and grandpa), hubby's going as a Wolf from The Walking Dead, and I'm either going to be a witch or my classic Little Red Werewolf.  Pretty exciting.

Do yall have a dinner planned out for the 31st?  Anything special?  What about costumes?


No comments:

Post a Comment