Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Hopefully Soon!

I figured out what to do with that Idle Hands bag, I'm using it to store my shrine stuff for Papa Legba and Baron Samedi, as I don't have the room for it anywhere else.

And I started on the Barn Bag for the kids.  All I need is a roof, back pack straps, and a handle.  Ta-da, it'll be ready for use.  Oh, and I need to stitch in some doors, too. I'm hoping to finish it before the end of the month.

It's funny though, every time I pull it out, my toddler says, "No, mommy.  Work on granmas blankie!"

Well, yeah, I do need to work on that too, don't I?

I still plan on making him a stuffed tree frog, but I think I might also make him a Mike from Monsters, Inc.  He's pretty into those two movies, now.  Which means I'll have to learn circular stitching.  I'm looking forward to that little project.  Make him a nice big ole Mike pillow.  Sounds simple enough.

And we learned that we'll be able to buy a house at the end of the year, as long as we stay on top of everything!  I'm very excited about that, and driven.  I was laid off in the beginning of the year, but I'm eagerly looking for another job, to help my husband achieve our dreams of the Hopeful Homestead.

Hubby wants to wait until we get the house before trying for our next kid.  I just hope that it doesn't take too long, as I don't want the kids to be too far apart in age.  My limit is four years, between the middle and youngest.  But even that's pushing it.  My brother and I are 6.5 years apart and we're not close at all.  I don't want that for my kids--for age to be a factor as to why they're not close.

Fingers crossed that this time next year, we'll be looking for our country house.  In an area where we can own chickens and goats, and have the room for the coop and pen.

Ah...soon!

The spirits are advising to stay focused on our goals, keep working hard, and that we're on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment