Saturday, February 27, 2016

Quite the Growth in a Year

I still haven't started on Double Stitching yet, but I have a lot of projects to make, and not that much time.  So it's best for me to go at them with a technique that I already know.  The projects are:

  1. Finish Mom's blanket (gift)
  2. Finished the Barn Back Pack
  3. Miscarriage Memorial Blanket (gift)
  4. Tarot Bag (going to make this tomorrow) (gift)
  5. A Lefty for my special project (need before the 3rd)
Tonight, I just finished a shoulder purse.  It was going to be a toddler blanket, but the super bulky yarn was too heavy and stiff, so I turned the blanket into a purse instead.  One thing that I've learned as a parent is that you can never have too many bags.  Purse, bag, for momma or toddler, whatever.  


I learned a thing or five while making this purse.  One of the biggies was, hiding the ugly bits.  The tied off ends and seams.  Just turn it inside out!

Side seam, doesn't look too bad!

I really want to share this on Facebook, but it's a gift!  

I was just telling my husband, who said, "You should be proud.  You stuck with it."  And I am proud.  The difference between crochetting and general fine arts is that this is more practical.  Less decoration.  This is stuff that people can actually use.  The goal is to sell these projects, as well as for one of the original reasons for learning crochet: for charity.  

I also wouldn't mind making money off my creations.  Not saying that I'm going to get rich, starving artists and all that, but to make some money and give my customers something handmade from my heart, would be nice, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment