Thursday, January 5, 2017

Not So Flat Coils...

I think I'm going to make one of those Temperature Blankets that I've been hearing so much about.  It's a blanket that for each day, you crochet a line for the color that matches the temperature.  I'm lacking the colors right now, but I am keeping track of the daily temps, thanks to this local weather tracker.  Pinterest has been a help with yarn colors--a 9 color and a 17.

I've also been practicing with making flat circles for my Monster Truck Tire toys for the boys (using this tutorial for the second attempt).  It's harder than I thought, I mean, I've only been doing so for 2 days, and some progress has been made.  From a thumb hat to a doll hat now.  Still having issues with the curling in on itself.  Good for making hacky sacks or stuffed animals, not so good for the size of the tires that I need.  I'll figure it out...find better tutorial videos.



I guess I have a tire ornament now!

In the mean time, I've been working on making a rune bag for my womanrunes.  And I also realized that I'm sitting on Gryffindor and Hufflepuff colors for scarves.  I just keep giving myself more and more projects!  Especially as I grow bored with single stitch.  Next project that I make after this rune bag, I'm going to look into other stitches.  I've been looking at so many already--beginner and more advanced.  Inspiration.

Looking through one of my pinterest boards (Fun Needle-Yard Crafts), I'm also inspired to make a Twi'lek and/or Togruta  hat, after looking at this one for inspiration.  I don't know if I want it to be crocheted or sown, but the Togruta are my favorite Star Wars race and I've always wanted their montrals and lekku!  I'd be just nerd enough to add such garb to my own spiritual practices.  I already have them as part of my Artemis shrine.  A bit of Pop Culture Paganism, I've always felt a spiritual connection with the Togruta.  I had been wanting to make a Togruta inspire head scarf pattern for a while.  I'll need to research making hat next.  Surely they can't be too hard, as they seem very popular in the yarncraft community.

No comments:

Post a Comment